Monday, March 16, 2009

Just Celebrated My 1st Wedding Anniversary!

Yesterday, March 15th, was my first wedding anniversary! As I look back at the previous year I'm suprised it flew by so fast! Seems like Matt and I have only been married for a few months!! Although we dated for 4 and 1/2 years before marrying, this year of married life has certainly taught us a lot about each other. I think that we've certainly learned to communicate better and we're realizing that marriage is hard work...it's easy to let work and blogging and other things become your focus. But in order for your marriage to thrive and become great you need to make each other your priority. I think that we still have things to learn--it's an ongoing process, but I'm proud of our first year of marriage and I'm looking forward to many many more anniversaries!


One more thing: although the wedding cake topper looks pretty, it doesn't taste all that great after a YEAR IN THE FREEZER!! I would like to know who came up with that idea!! But we enjoyed getting it out and looking at it...in fact, I'm such an emotional person (I'll cry at anything) that when I opened the box all the memories of our wedding day came flooding back to me and the tears started streaming. Matt just laughed and helped me cut it!

And the tears didn't stop because I made us listen to the audio recording of our ceremony...my Uncle Paul is a preacher and he did a beautiful ceremony. It was neat to listen to us saying our vows and exchange the rings all over again. We looked at our wedding album and just enjoyed each other's company. It was a neat day.


As we move into our 2nd year of marriage, I would love your advice for how to have a great marriage!

Thanks For Reading!


If you are in the market to buy or sell your home in the Bethlehem or Dacula area, I would be happy to assist you! My passion is helping people find their dream home and stepping them through this exciting journey. I serve the Walton, Barrow and Gwinnett county areas. Call or text me today!

No comments: