Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Part IV: What You Get for the Money--$400,000

For today's edition of What You Get for the Money, I had to go back three months to find a sale in the $400,000 to $499,000 price range.

If you would like to look back at the other parts of this series, here they are:
Part I
Part II
Part III

Today's home located in Barrow county is within the city of Hoschton (which if you've read one of my previous posts, you know that's the Scarecrow Capital of the World. To learn more, you can read it here: Scarecrow World Record


Unfortunately, these were the only two listing pictures provided to the MLS. So we don't know what the inside of this gorgeous home looks like--I'm guessing the kitchen is fabulous, but who can say?! It seems crazy to me that a $400,000 listing only has these two pictures--no matter what price range the home is in, I feel that it's important to offer as many pictures as your MLS system will allow. But that's just my personal opinion...what do you think?

Just going off the listing description, here's what I found out about this home: the construction consists of four sides brick with stone accents. It's on a rather small lot, only about .595 acres. It has four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms and two fireplaces. Some of the other rooms are: a family room, formal dining room, office and formal living room. Also, the master is on the main floor. The home was built in 2007 and was a bank-owned property with a price reduction of over a $100,000! As you can see from the picture, it's on a full daylight basement.

The home sold in October 2008 for $415,000.


*Based on information provided to and compiled by GAMLS.com. GAMLS.com does not guarantee or is in any way responsible for its accuracy.


Okay, now it's your turn to show me what you can get for the $400,000 price range in your part of the country. I'll be back tomorrow with the $500,000 home.


Have a great day! Thanks for reading!

No comments: