Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Little Vent About Taxis...

I have decided that taxis are a complete rip-off...let me explain why. We are here in Miami for Matt's technology course and we thought we would save money and just take a taxi places instead of renting a car, boy were we wrong! Our hotel is only 5 miles from the course location and the taxi fare is $20!! Does that sound ridiculous to you? It does to me. Yesterday after checking into our hotel we had to come to the course location for Matt to set-up and make sure everything works right...so $40+tip down the drain right there--you can understand why we stayed at the hotel and ordered in a pizza for dinner. Then we had to do the same thing again today...I think next time we come we will rent a car, that has got to be a more economical way to go. We would like to see some sights while here; however, we've been told the drive from our hotel (near the airport) to South Beach would be a roundtrip of around $70!! I guess sightseeing around Miami will have to wait until the next time we come...

No comments: