Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Perfect Double Chocolate Chip Cookie


We are eating dinner with some friends of ours tonight and I'm bringing the dessert. I decided that a really yummy chocolate chip cookie would be perfect. In the past I've sometimes had trouble with my cookies turning out too flat, which I've determined was probably from letting the butter sit out too long before starting or from beating the batter too much. I decided to be very careful when making these...and I'm thrilled with the way they turned out! The are soft and chewy and taste absolutely scrumptious!

I love making cookies because they are easy to do, don't require too much time and they yield so many! This recipe made 3 1/2 dozen! Plenty of cookies for everyone!

Here's the recipe, I got it from The Great American Cookie Cookbook:

Ingredients:

1 C. (2 sticks) butter (no substitutes)
1/4 C. packed light brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/4 C. light corn syrup
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 C. Hershey's cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pckg. (10-12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350 degree F
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add corn syrup, egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and almost set. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Cookies will be softer on the second day.

*I found that the perfect time for my cookies was 7 minutes and 25 seconds, but I have a gas oven and it tends to cook fast. So, you'll want to play around with your oven to find the perfect time for you.

Try these; they really are delicious!! Enjoy!

No comments: