Sunday, August 31, 2008

Paula Deen Would Be Proud...


After church today I spent the afternoon baking several desserts for Labor Day parties we're going to tomorrow...for my Family Get Together I made a Sour Cream Pound Cake (my first ever)! And for our Small Group Bible Study Dinner I made a Chocolate Chip Pie and a Crunch Top Apple Pie. Our house now smells AMAZING!!


Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Pie--you should really try it!


1 C. sugar

1/2 C. all-purpose flour

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled

1 C. pecans (optional)

1 C. semisweet chocolate chips

1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.


Mix sugar and flour together in a bowl; add eggs, butter, pecans, chocolate chips, and vanilla, and stir. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until set.


Serve with vanilla icecream or sweetened whipped cream.


*I leave out the pecans and put EXTRA chocolate chips because I'm a chocoholic!!

No comments: